Are you in a dinner rut? Do you find yourself making the same few dishes over and over? It’s OK – it happens to the best of us.
Shake things up with this Cheese and Chicken Kabob recipe: Murg Malai Kabab. I’m here to encourage you – I’ve made it myself, it’s easy, and yes – YOU CAN DO IT!
This meal is WAY out of my kids’ comfort zone – Indian seasonings with spiciness on a bed of raw spinach and cucumbers. But our 5 and 7 year old kids liked it. How on earth did I fool them? I feel like I got away with something.
Maybe they liked it because we watched Vahchef Sanjay Thumma‘s cooking video together and they thought his dance at 08:00 was hysterical. And I reminded them that the Vahchef said “Kids go crazy over this chicken!” A little bit of prep work went a long way.
Here’s the ingredient list for Cheese and Chicken Kabob [Murg Malai Kabab], be sure to scroll down.
Some of my tweaks:
- I turned up the oven to 500 F – super hot.
- I didn’t use meat tenderizer, it was fine without it.
- I used chopped parsley instead of coriander leaves.
- I didn’t make a paste with the chilies and parsley. Instead I chopped up the chilies large enough so I could pick them out for the kids.
- We made a quick ginger garlic paste by mashing together peeled/cut up ginger with peeled garlic. My 5 year-old loved using the mortar and pestle. See VahRehVah – Ginger Garlic Paste. Don’t blink, you might miss it!
- I forgot the corn flour – no biggie, it was fine without it.
Our family weighs in:
- The kids did “go crazy” and loved it!
- My husband gave it a double thumbs up.
- I loved it and am bringing it for lunch tomorrow – a good sign.