I’m happy to say the results of my first survey are in. First of all, a big THANK YOU to those who responded to my question: “What do YOU want to see on Striving Bean?”.
Asking for favors in real life? I’m OK with that. But asking for favors online (like “Please take my survey”)? That doesn’t come naturally to me. So imagine my excitement when 27 of you responded with your opinions. 27 responses is more than I expected! I really value your feedback and the time you took to help me make this a better blog.
So here are the some highlighted results of the 4 questions I asked (rounding up or down as appropriate):
Currently StrivingBean.com focuses on bean recipes and how to incorporate beans into your child’s diet. I’m considering expanding the scope of this blog to include other information. What OTHER things would you like to see on StrivingBean.com?(check as many answers as you’d like)
The biggest responses
- Frugal Tips and Tricks – 67%
- Recipes for other healthy foods (besides beans) – 56%
- Green/Eco Product Information/Reviews (example: reusable bags) – 26%
- Keep it beans only – 26%
What do you like best about StrivingBean.com?
- The sassy hostess (me: — why thank you!–)
- The recipes and your sense of humor and your writing style. (me: — again, thank you! –)
- Witty, smart, informed. I especially like the videos. (me: — nice! My videos are on my Striving Bean YouTube channel –)
Is there anything you would do to improve StrivingBean.com?
- More frequent entries. (me: — Agreed –)
- More easy to make dishes? (me: — Good point — )
- Video tutorials (me: — yes, that would be fun. My beloved Flip video camera is ready to go — )
How do you feel about the blog name “Striving Bean”
- Keep it – I like the name “Striving Bean” – 58%
- And a comment: maybe expand on it. Striving Bean: Living Natural
You certainly have given me much to think about. My next steps within the upcoming months?
- Rethink the content and theme of my blog. I love beans, so I’ll continue writing about this fantastic food from time to time. And since you the majority of you like the URL StrivingBean.com, I’m gonna keep it!
- I’ll continue to offer my family’s opinions on my home cooking successes and failures. I’ll tell it like it is so you don’t waste your time cooking a clunker.
- Cook recipes (other than my own) so I can offer my opinions on recipes that caught my eye. This is a time saver too since it takes time to think about and document (accurately!) my own recipes. Kudos to you “original recipe” cooks out there – my hat’s off to you!
- Offer frugal tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way. We’ve been a 1 income family on and off throughout the years, so I’ve got some tips here and there.
- Share my green tendencies.
- Rearrange my site and maybe a little redesign.
- Include room for advertisements and sponsors.
- Write a policy centered around food and product reviews. When I do a food or product review, I’ll always offer my and my family’s honest opinions, good or bad.
Oh yeah – I need to find the time to do all of this too! Thank you in advance for sticking with me. I’m excited to go on this new journey.
What do you think? Please leave a comment – it’s not too late to express your opinion.
Thank you to Apokolokyntosis for the great photo.