- I upped the eggs to 3, based on a “too dry” comment.
- I mixed in some parmesan cheese and melted meunster cheese on top for the last 10 minutes (I guess we like cheese around here)
- I cooked the lentils in Emeril’s Organic Vegetable Stock instead of water or salted water. It gives the lentils a lot more flavor.
- I left out the dried soup mix.
- I substituted ketchup instead of tomato paste (no tomato paste on hand! Use what you have…)
I would have added more spices or fresh garlic if I thought our kids would go for that sort of thing. Most of the time they do not, so I have to take it slow. Our son ate most of it, and our daughter needed some coaxing. A mild success.
Final dish: served with cooked organic carrots and organic potatoes. A hearty fall dinner…it’s lentil loaf season!